The City of Portland accepts applications only in response to current job opportunities. The City of Portland is piloting a new Applicant Tracking System for job openings in the Information Technology Department. Any applications submitted for positions for which there is no current recruitment will be disposed of and a notice will be sent to the applicant informing him/her of this procedure:
- Complete both front and back of employment application. If you have a resume, you may complete just the top front of the application to "Education and Training" and write "see resume" on the bottom front and back of your application. We will attach your resume to the application.
- Indicate in the POSITION APPLYING FOR box in the upper right corner of the application the position(s) you are applying for. You may apply for more than one position on the same application.
- You must provide a copy of any required license(s), except for a driver's license, with your application. If a driver's license is required, please be sure to write your license number where requested on the application. Please note that a license is required only if it is indicated in the ad/posting. Failure to provide a copy of any required license(s) could result in your not being contacted for an interview.
- Be sure you have provided us with a telephone number to contact you. Contacts for interviews are handled by telephone.
- Be sure to sign the back of the application.
- When the job closes, all applications are forwarded to the department that has the job opening. They will screen, review, and select candidates to be interviewed. This process may take up to 30 days. All communication regarding openings come directly from the department with the opening.
- Applicants will be notified by the hiring department of the status of their application.*