55TH Maine State Federation of Fire Fighters Convention
Friday September 21st
- 08:00 - 18:00 - Antique Judging begins @ Rufus Deering Lumber Site 383 Commercial St.
- 10:00 - Registration check in opens @ Cross Insurance Arena
- Noon - Vendor set up in concourse area
- 16:00 - MDA Boots and Brews and Bites Eastern Prom
- 17:00 - Registration Check in closes for the day
- 18:30 - Vendor set up on main floor @ Cross Insurance Arena
- 19:00 - Annual M.S.F.F.F. meeting @ Holiday In by the Bay
Saturday September 22nd
- 07:00 - 09:00 - Antique Judging @ 383 Commercial St.
- 07:00 - Parade line up on Spring St.
- 08:00 - 16:00 - Vendors open @ Cross Insurance Arena
- 10:00 - Parade down Congress St.
- 17:00 - 19:00 - Dinner @ Holiday Inn by the Bay
- 19:30 - 23:00 - Dance @ Holiday inn by the Bay (Casual Dress)
Sunday September 23rd
- 08:00 - Noon Vendors @ Cross Insurance Arena
- 09:00 - Muster behind 350 Commercial St. (Gulf of Maine Research Institute)
Convention: The Portland Fire Department is honored to be hosting the 55th Maine State Federation of Firefighters Convention, September 21-23, 2018, at the Cross Insurance Arena. This event is of particular note because it is being held in conjunction with the 250th anniversary of the Portland Fire Department.
Parade: Saturday, September 22 10:00am - 12:00pm.
The parade will begin on Spring St. in front of Cross Insurance Arena and turn right on to High St. The parade will then turn right onto Congress St finishing at the intersection of Congress St and Pearl St.
As the parade progresses east along Congress Street all entries will pass by the Judges Review Stand at Monument Square, where details about each entrant will be broadcast over a public address system.
The parade will terminate after passing under an elevated flag held aloft by two Ladder trucks at the Central Fire Station.
Muster: will take place on Sunday, September 23, at 9:00am on 350 Commercial St, in the Gulf of Maine Research Institute parking lot. Setup and check-in will be at 8:00am, a Captain's meeting at 8:30am and the Muster will begin