Wilde Memorial Chapel
Wilde Memorial Chapel, designed by Portland architect Frederick Tompson, was build in 1902. The family of Samuel Wilde, whose wife Mary Ellen Lunt Wilde was a Portland-area native, bestowed the cemetery with this Gothic chapel. The chapel has interior woodwork of cypress and stained glass windows by the firm of Moakley and Bell of Boston. Some restoration work has been done over the years, providing continued use of the chapel for funerals and weddings.
- The chapel has a max capacity of 105, which includes those standing in the ceremony.
- The bell cannot be rung.
- All candles must have protective plates, holders, etc. under them to catch drips.
- Year-round use.
- There is no fee for the use of Wilde Chapel for a funeral/memorial service when a burial immediately precedes or follows the funeral/memorial service at either Evergreen Cemetery or Forest City Cemetery. Rental fees apply for all other funeral/memorial services.
- Time allotted is three hours (one hour prior for setup and two hours for service). No discount for shorter services.
- Weekdays 8:00 am-2:00 pm, Portland Resident: $385 Non-resident: $550, overtime rate: +$124/hr
- Saturdays 8:00 am-2:00 pm, Portland Resident: $550 Non-resident: $715, overtime rate: +$124/hr
- Weddings can be no more than three hours (to be completed by 5 pm).
- Weddings must take place Monday through Saturdays only (no Sunday use).
- Rehearsals can be no more than two hours (to be completed by 5 pm), and done the day before the wedding.
- Available April through October only.
- Only one wedding per weekend. All cars and people must be out of the cemetery by 6:30 pm.
- Portland Resident: $795 Non-resident: $995
- $250 deposit is required to hold the date, the remaining balance is due 30 days before the wedding ceremony.