Police Citizen Review Subcommittee
- 6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
- Second Wednesday of each month
- Public Safety Building
Police Conference Room
109 Middle St.
Portland, ME 04101
Please check the calendar for any changes to regularly scheduled meetings.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
Most Recent Agenda | View All Agendas and Minutes
- Sam Beal
- Michael Harris
- Kelly McDonald, Chair
- Reginald Parson
- Ovid Santoro
- Emily West
- Mary Zwolinski
About the Subcommittee
In November 2001 the Portland City Council established the Police Citizen Review Subcommittee (PCRS) as a subcommittee of the Civil Service Commission, which also has an Employment Subcommittee for sworn police and fire personnel. The PCRS has six commissioners and one alternate.
- Reviews the process of police investigations of citizen complaints to ensure it is thorough, objective, fair, and timely;
- Reports to the city manager on the results of its reviews;
- Reports to the city manager any recommendations or proposals for improving the police investigation process, policies or training, and for enhancing public confidence in the complaint investigation process; and
- Holds a public hearing to receive public comments on the police citizen complaint process.
- Resident of the City; and
- Of good moral character.
- Present or former employee of the City;
- Present or former member of the City Council;
- Immediate family of a present or former Portland police officer;
- Has been arrested, or had an immediate family member arrested, by the Portland Police;
- Has filed a complaint, or an immediate family member has filed a complaint, with the Internal Affairs Department of the Portland Police alleging excessive force, civil rights violations, or conduct that would constitute a criminal offense; or
- Has sued, or an immediate family member has sued, the Portland Police, the Portland Police Chief, or any individual officer.